As modern-day higher education has been increasingly going global, thanks to deployment of academic curricula based on global standards, and even opening up of global career opportunities for students, university campuses have also been adapting cultural diversity and inclusivity from a student perspective. This trend has caught up rapidly with university campuses in India which are opening up global campuses to students from various countries with focus on their overall learning in the multinational environment (along with their growth & development). At this juncture, with global cultural diversity at university campuses at the core, check out advantages that these university campuses offer to students (from all over the world, not just India) from a learning and overall development perspective:
- Enhanced exposure to diverse cultures – In today’s dynamic and ever-changing world, exposure to different cultures across the globe is a definite in-thing. Armed with this knowledge, students will find it easy to fit into diverse cultures and thereby look at various opportunities for flipped classroom and flipped learning at the micro levels for growth and development.
- Effective knowledge sharing – Culturally diverse campuses facilitate increased interaction amongst students/faculty members thereby enabling the process of knowledge exchange. With actionable knowledge/insights flowing in from all sides, students are in better positions with global campuses, as far as looking at professional/personal growth is concerned.
- Positive Learning Outcomes – Campuses that are inclusive and encourage cultural diversity tend to drive positivity as far as learning is concerned. As these campuses are generally melting pots of different cultures, mutual respect is on the higher side as a result of which learning becomes inclusive which in turn drives positive classroom learning outcomes and also global career opportunities.
- Greater mutual respect – University campuses that are inclusive and welcoming generally motivate students to respect their peers which drives positivity and ideation. This in turn makes flipped classroom learning inclusive.
- Enhanced localized recognition – University campuses that are a melting pot of different cultures generally lead to greater recognition for the area in which these are situated. The locality/city/state/country, where the university is located, gets recognition at global levels. This is driven through word-of-mouth.
Hence, an all-inclusive culturally diverse university campus fosters enhanced learning amongst its students through a multinational environment; here, the overall process of learning becomes fun and interesting according maximum priority/importance to creativity.