CMR University, true to its motto of nurturing creative thinkers to drive positive global change lays significant emphasis on Co-Curricular as well as Extra-Curricular Activities. The University has set up a dedicated Office of Student Affairs (OSA) that offers Learning, and Development activities for students at CMR University, by establishing student-centric learning environments, co-curricular activities, diverse opportunities for community building and leadership experiences to understand themselves and navigate the world around.
We believe that all students should have a plethora of learning opportunities, skill enhancement workshops and transformative experiences during their time at CMR University. To ensure that all students have a safe and dynamic space to lead, engage, achieve and participate, the Learning and Development activities for students are structured around the following key principles of the institution.
Learning, and Development programmes, for students, are offered across 6 streams:
○ Learning from each other and working independently on passion projects
○ To build a learning environment that is not confined to a particular discipline, rather focuses on the interconnections between different subject areas.
○ Developing leadership and mentorship skills and exposing students to various opportunities to improve their adaptability & flexibility in unfamiliar environments.
○ Building networks and creating a sense of community on campus amongst students across disciplines.
○ Looking at all the different identity pieces to create a socially aware and inclusive campus.
○ Building social awareness through action to strengthen communities outside the university and develop a deeper understanding of the world we are living in.
○ Building a supportive community and accessible learning environment to ensure that students thrive.
a. Newsletter/Zine: All schools will produce quarterly newsletters that contain information regarding events, achievements, faculty editorials, school announcements and student contributions.
b. CMRU Archives: Collective effort between all schools to produce a short comprehensive visual & written journal of the academic year 2021-2022.
The accomplishments of students within the classroom and outside the classroom are equally important in building creative, responsible and socially conscientious citizens. All students will receive a Learning and Development record alongside their transcript each semester that lists their involvements and activities throughout the academic year. This university certified record can be requested by students as an addition to their resume or for further study purposes. The record will include details regarding the students’ involvement, role, duration and competencies acquired through learning experiences, achievements, leadership and other volunteer opportunities.