Regulations to be followed at the student quarters:
- The visiting timings are between 5.30 pm to 7.00 pm on all days.
- Parents/Local Guardians and Guests are allowed to meet their wards only during the visiting hours. These meetings take place at the reception/visitors’ area. The warden’s decision is final and binding with respect to visiting.
- Wards have to be appropriately dressed while in the student quarters. They need to adhere to decent dressing norms,, even though he/she has the liberty of wearing clothes of his/her convenience in one’s own room. Wards need to be discreet to not get into issues with the authorities related to the dress code.
- Mobile phones are to be used without causing disturbance to others. Mobile phones must be in silent mode.
- Room allotment will be done by the hostel authorities post the full payment of Hostel fees by the ward.
- Interchange of rooms is not permitted without seeking prior permission from the authorities.
- Movement of furniture, fixtures, and furnishings is not permitted.
- Lights, fans should be switched off when not in use
Defacing the walls is not allowed.
- Dustbins are to be utilized to dispose of garbage.
- Coupons are provided to use the laundry facility. Additional coupons can be availed by paying extra fees.
- Drying of clothes on the railing, parapet wall in the corridor, and inside the rooms is not allowed.
- In case of any concerns with his/her roommates, the ward must report the matter to the concerned hostel authorities.
- Certain electrical items that pose serious hazards are not permitted to be used in the rooms. Wards found using them will have to face serious consequences.
- Food should strictly be taken in the dining hall of the mess. Food should not be carried elsewhere.
- Cooking in the room is not allowed.
- Wards are not permitted to order food from outside after 9 p.m.
- Wards are not to disturb the peace and tranquillity of the hostel environment. Wards are to refrain from playing instruments/music with loud volume and watching television, especially during the quiet hours. Quiet Hours: Monday to Sunday: 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Combined studies are permitted only in the common areas. Wards are to engage in combined studies without causing any disturbance to fellow inmates.
- Rooms are to be kept neat and clean at all times. Rooms are to be made available to facilitate housekeeping services as per the schedule.
- In order to ensure the health, safety, and proper conduct of the wards, room inspections are carried out periodically.
- Wards are to ensure the smooth conduct of this inspection by the hostel authorities as and when it is deemed required. The authorities have the right to confiscate any item that is prohibited.
- Attendance is mandatory for meetings called by the authorities.
Outside Visits while at the hostel:
- Wards are allowed to go out of the hostel only on prior permission from the authorities. The ward is solely responsible for any untoward incident that might arise during such permitted outside visits.
- Wards are not allowed to go out without the permission of the warden from 7.00 pm to 7.00 am.
- Wards are allowed to go out on Sundays for personal reasons after obtaining prior written permission from the warden.
- Wards should be back in the hostel before 7 p.m. including Sundays.
- Wards who are going out for add on courses, project work, internship, etc. should take prior permission from the warden. Requisition applications should be signed by the parent/local guardian and Dean/HOD/Program Coordinator and accompanied by necessary supporting documents.
- Wards are allowed to visit their local guardians twice a month. They would have to seek prior permission from the warden before each visit.
- Prior permission to be taken from the warden by the wards and parents/local guardian to leave during Short-Term/Mid-Term Vacations.
- Application for the same should be duly signed by the Dean/HOD/Program Coordinator in the prescribed format and presented to the warden at least a week before the departure.
- At the end of each academic year, the ward has to vacate the hostel along with his/her luggage within three days after completion of the examination. If the ward wishes to continue to stay in the hostel for the next academic year he/she has to reserve the hostel accommodation by paying a prescribed advance fee which is not refundable.
- Cloakroom facility is provided to keep the belongings while the ward is away during the end of the academic year vacation. To avail of this facility, the ward has to present a requisition letter for the same in the prescribed format.
Vacating the student accommodation:
- Prior to vacating the student accommodations, the warden must be intimated well in advance and the hostel vacating formalities viz. obtaining ‘No Due Certificate’ from the accounts have to be completed.
- The ward will have to forfeit his/her full hostel fee if he/she had to leave the student accommodation in the midst of an academic year due to personal reasons or as a consequence of disciplinary action meted out by the hostel authorities.
- Students are allowed to go out on Sundays for personal reasons after obtaining prior written permission from the warden.
- The period of accommodation in the hostel and payment of fees is for an academic year and not for a calendar year.
Re-admission to the Student Accommodations:
- Wards should ensure at least 85% of attendance in the preceding academic year.
- Academic performance of 60%, in the preceding academic sans backlogs.
- Conduct certificate from the Dean/HOD/Program Coordinator.
“Ragging is prohibited and is a criminal offence”
On curbing the menace of Ragging in hostels and campuses of Higher Educational Institutions, it is brought to the notice of all the students that ragging is a criminal offence under UGC Regulations 2009. “Any conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm to a student is ragging.” Ragging is completely prohibited in the hostel and on campus at CMR University.