Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law
Click Here to Apply Online
Intellectual Property Law deals with the rules that secures and protects legal rights to inventions, designs and works of art. It also protects the ownership of personal property. IP law course provides an in-depth knowledge in all areas of Intellectual Property law like trademarks, patent, copyrights etc. Besides the traditional fields, it is also necessary that a student learns some courses covering Pharmaceutical, IT, Mechanical, Chemical and Biotechnology Patent Practice so that, he gains advanced knowledge of the issues that can rise in this field. It is also necessary that they study about novelty searches and hands on training, patent prosecution, biotech patent law, copyrights and unfair trade competition.
The University follows the Annual Scheme for the PG Diploma Courses. The duration of the course shall be from September to July.
- Admission to PGD shall be open to applicant who has passed Bachelor’s Degree of any discipline from any recognized university. The course is also open to those candidates who are in the final semester/year of Bachelor degree.
- For the prerequisite qualification earned from foreign universities, equivalence as notified by the Association of Indian Universities from time to time is mandatory.
- However, in case if no prior equivalence has been established by any other recognized bodies, the decision of the Equivalence Committee of the University shall be final in establishing the eligibility of the candidate / applicant.
- Introduction to IPR and Copyright
- Trademark and Trade Secrets
- Patents and Industrial Design
- Semi-Conductors, Integrated Circuits and Traditional Knowledge