Importance of built form in architectural education
Pentades – Principal Architect 2013 – onwards
• Medica Synergie – Chief Architect (Sept 2010 – July 2013)
• Bardury Consulting Services, Bahrain – Lead Architect & Project Manager (January 2009
– & returned to India)
• Reliance Retail Ltd., Bangalore & Kolkata – Asst Vice President (March 2006 – Dec
• WS Atkins (India), Bangalore & WS Atkins Plc, (UK) – Chief Architect (May 2004-Mar
• HSCC (I) Ltd., Delhi – General Manager (Mar 2001-May 2004)
• Asian Health Services Ltd., Bangalore – General Manager (Oct 1999-Mar 2001)
• WS Atkins (India), Bangalore – Chief Architect (July 1997-Sep 1999)
• Mecon India Ltd., Ranchi & Bangalore – Sr. Architect (Oct 1987-Jul 1996)
• Calcutta Metropolitan Development Authority, Calcutta – Asst Planner (May 1982-Oct
• CONCEPT, DETAILED DESIGN & DESIGN COORDINATION:
• Boutique Hotel & Resort at Zanzibar Island, Tanzania
• Multistoried apartment in Dar es Salam, Tanzania
• INTERIOR DESIGN & PROJECT MANAGEMENT:
• Refurbishment of retail outlets for ZAIN Telecom, Nigeria
• Call Centers at Lagos & Abuja for ZAIN Telecom, Nigeria
• Call Center for Saudi Telecom in Bahrain
• Retail outlets in Bahrain & Regional office in Qatar for Allianz
• DETAILED DESIGN:
• Upmarket high rise apartment complexes at Bakikanov, Azarbaijan
(WS Atkins design)
• British Council Centre at Kathmandu, Nepal (WS Atkins design)
• Ancillary buildings at Colchester near London for Ministry of Defence, UK (WS Atkins
• Administrative building for Essar Steel in Djakarta, Indonesia
• Concept & detailed design of Integrated Habitat Centre, consists of Shopping Mall,
Hotel, Convention Centre & Multiplex in Gaziabad (thro’ design competition)
• Concept & Design for Gold Souk , a Jewellery Shopping Mall at Cochin (thro’
• Concept design of Lulu Shopping Mall at Cochin
• Concept & detailed design of Co-operative departmental store for Mecon
• Design coordination Architect for Leela Palace Hotel, Bangalore
• Concept & detailed design of Speech & Hearing Institute, Mysore
• Design Coordination of office building for TCG Developments India Pvt. Ltd.(a
subsidiary of TCG, UK) at Gurgaon,
• Interior design and project management of WS Atkins corporate office, Ban- galore
• Concept & detailed design of new regional office building for Mecon India
Ltd. at Bangalore.
• Award winning design for New Secretariat Complex at Kohima, Nagaland.
• Concept & detailed design for high rise apartments in Bangalore accommodating 600
• For Reliance Retail detailing & project management of Sahakari Bhandars in Mumbai – Matunga (Flagship Store), Juhu, Mazgaon, Borivilli & Worli. 200 nos. Reliance Fresh outlets in metro cities of India. Design coordination in- cluding project management of Hypermarkets, Electronics, Jewelry, Foot- wear, Books & Stationary Store in Bangalore.
• Design & design coordination including Electrical, Sanitary & Plumbing sys-tems, Storm Water Drainage Systems, for a township of 1600 dwelling units for a major currency note press, promoted by Reserve Bank of India located at Salboni in West Bengal and Mysore in Karnataka.
• Concept Design of Steel Academy promoted by Essar Steel at Hazira
• Detailed design of Conference complex of 850 seat auditorium & smaller auditoriums
for NIMHANS, Bangalore.
• Detailed design & Design coordination for Lokhandwala School in Mumbai
• Concept, detailed design & design coordination of:
• 425 bedded Superspeciality Hospital at Kannur, Kerala
• 300 bedded Superspeciality Hospital for Pinnacle Hospitals, Vizag
• 150 bedded Oncology Hospital for Pinnacle Hospitals, Vizag
• National Institute of Unani Medicine (NIUM), Bangalore.
• Valsad Medical College, Valsad, Gujarat
• Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga, New Delhi
• Medical College, and Township for North Eastern Indira Gandhi
Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Shillong
• 300 Bed Dr. BL Kapur Memorial Hospital, Delhi
• 300 Bed Escorts Hospital and Research Centre, Faridabad
• 500 bedded hospital for Dr. R.P. Govt. Medical College, Tanda, HP
• Concept design of Prototype Perinatal Clinics for Unicef at various locations in India
• Upgradation and Master Planning of existing Medical Colleges at
Rajkot, Jamnagar and Bhavnagar in Gujarat
• Redesign & re-planning of 125 bedded Kakaba Hospital, Hansot, Gujarat
• Concept, detailed design & design coordination of:
• Admin building, gate complex, canteen, captive power plant and ancillary buildings for
Essar Steel, Hazira, Gujarat.
• Ancillary buildings including administrative building for Jindal
Vijayanagar Steel at Bellary, Karnataka.
• New Currency Note Press for Reserve Bank of India at Mysore in
Karnataka and at Salboni in West Bengal.
• Canteen building for the Government of India Mint at Hyderabad.
• Design Co-ordination and review of Vendors’ Drawings.
• While working with WS Atkins, prepared report on value engineering for
“First India Place” a commercial project promoted by NRIs’ at Gurgaon, Hary- ana. An overall review of specification and design was done to reduce cost
of the project without compromising the quality of aesthetics and functional- ity. The project was conceptualized and designed in the U.K. by Studio U+A.
• Core team member for preparation of Outline Development Plan for Areas within Calcutta Metropolitan District.
• Team member – Design of Structure Plan for Calcutta Metropolitan Area
• Team leader for conducting existing landuse survey for Municipal towns of Malda, Jalpaiguri, Balurghat and Darjeeling under Urban Development De- partment, Govt. of West Bengal.
• Setting up a Medical College for Muslim Education Society, Kerala.
• Industrial township on a hilly terrain near Mysore, Karnataka. Project promot- ed by Reserve Bank of India.
• Establishment of a Super-speciality Hospital for Damodar Valley Corpoation.
Job profile includes market survey, analysis of disease pattern in the region, analysis of possible competition in the healthcare market of the region, cost benefit analysis etc. along with a design conforming to the findings.
• Cantonment General Hospital, New Delhi for conversion into multispeciality hospital.
• Dr. B.L. Kapur Memorial Hospital, New Delhi, a super-speciality hospital to provide international standard healthcare in line with American healthcare delivery system.
• Concept Design of multi-storeyed car parking and shopping complex at Ban- galore.
• Concept Design of mass rapid transit system railway stations with integrated commercial complex in Chennai.
Recognition in international conference
• Paper on “Adaptation of advanced technology of building construction in the traditional way of life with special reference to India” for International Con- ference on Urban Shelter in Developing Countries, London held between 1-4