Top Gun: Maverick, Minions: The Rise of Gru, Brahmāstra, The Kashmir Files, RRR, KGF II, Criminal Justice, Ashram, Stranger Things, and Bridgerton. Do you know what all of them have in common besides a stellar cast, exceptional cinematography & special effects, and a blockbusting collection? It was content and execution that redefined the making of movies and shows from the audience’s viewpoint. The year 2022 was a watershed moment in the history of Indian entertainment. It witnessed the rise of regional cinema, the popularity of OTT platforms, exceptional diversity & innovation in content development, and ingenious marketing campaigns. This paved the way for rewarding careers in the entertainment industry, especially filmmaking. If you are a film enthusiast looking for the best courses and filmmaking colleges in Bangalore, look no further. Continue reading to find out why filmmaking is a lucrative career in India and to learn about filmmaking courses in Bangalore.
The Rise Of Filmmaking Careers In India…
Why Should You Enrol in Filmmaking Courses in Bangalore?
Contrary to past myths, filmmaking is a rewarding career for creative individuals with out-of-the-box ideas because:
- According to analysts, global box office revenue reached $21.4 billion in 2021 and is predicted to surpass $44 billion in 2023. Renowned OTT platforms like Netflix and Amazon Prime crossed the 200+ million threshold in terms of paid subscribers. A report by Business Standard India predicts the domestic OTT market will touch the $7 billion mark by 2027. More revenues mean more investments and employment opportunities for future generations.
- Film enthusiasts can easily find employment at 18 distribution companies, 20 music studios, and close to 100 active production houses in India.
- 50+ OTT platforms and YouTube have broadened student exposure and created opportunities for displaying talent. Now, anyone adept at filmmaking can create and release movies without worrying about censorship, marketing, or distribution. It’s that easy!
- Popular social media platforms (such as Instagram and Ticktock) enable creative individuals to promote their talents in a variety of ways. e.g., animation, 3D art, poster designing, short movie direction, music video creation, etc. They also simplify the marketing and promotion processes.
The Silicon Valley has a lot to offer in terms of technical knowledge, exposure, and opportunities. Therefore, students should enrol in a filmmaking, animation, or photography course in Bangalore.
Top Filmmaking Courses In Bangalore
- B.Sc. in Filmmaking (includes the study of storytelling, film development, pre & post production, camera technology, lighting techniques, and the use of various software for designing, visual styling, and packaging).
- B.Sc. in Game Art & Design (includes the study of gameplay, 2D/3D art, animation, game scripting, music & sound design, storyboarding, and popular gaming software).
- B.Sc. in Photography (offers knowledge about painting, sketching, photo capturing, lighting, video shooting, architecture, and designing).
- B.Sc. in Sound Engineering (enables students to understand and master different kinds of sounds, VFX animation, and music production).
- B.Sc. in Visual Effects & Animation (allows students to specialise in storyboarding, layout, graphic designing, animation, 2D/3D lighting and rendering, in-game music & sounds, etc., at the top B.Sc. animation colleges in Bangalore).
Prospective Filmmaking Careers In India
After getting one of the above-mentioned degrees from the top filmmaking colleges in Bangalore, students can work as:
- Theatre artists
- Standup comedians
- Broadcast presenters
- Screenplay writers
- Film directors
- Art directors
- Set directors
- Movie producers
- Production designers
- VFX artists
- Video editors
- Movie editors
- Fashion photographers
- Videographers/ camera operators
- Light artists
- Sound engineers
- Film archivists
- Program researchers
- Location managers
Besides having knowledge about filmmaking, students also need to hone the most sought-after skills like creative thinking & expression, innovation, collaboration, design thinking, adaptability, resilience, stress management, communication, etc. Students can gain relevant knowledge and skills by enroling in the top filmmaking colleges in Bangalore.
Seeking Admissions In Top Filmmaking Courses in Bangalore?
The School of Science Studies at the CMR University promotes a practical, experiential, and hands-on learning approach with a strong emphasis on value development. In collaboration with industry leaders, the institution provides topnotch academic programs, training, workshops, expert mentorship, and internship opportunities. Click to know more about the top filmmaking college in Bangalore.